May 4, 2008

The End.....





I suppose I should give this blog a conclusion. Since the last update, I took an overnight bus to Vientiane, arrived at 4:30am, so I found a park and slept for a few hours. Found a guesthouse for cheap, but that evening I got a knock on my door, there was a Laos woman standing there in just a towel. She offered me a "massage", and wouldn't take no for an answer....I had to physically push her out of my room. That night I got attacked by bed bugs....obvioulsy I left the next morning.

Took another night bus to Bangkok, met up with some Swedish guys that I hung out with in Sapa-Vietnam. We shared a room for cheap. I got really sick, then got heatstroke....all while suffering with bedbug bites. When it rains it pours! Took a plane to Macau which is just a ferry ride away from Hong Kong. I flew Air Asia, but they're really strict with check in baggage. To reduce the excess baggage fee, I wore a pair of shorts, two pairs of jeans, heavey hiking boots, and two jackets....all in 40 degree weather! I felt ridiculous walking through the airport, I'm sure they all knew what I was doing. The flight attendants laughed when I went to the bathroom on the plane and came out wearing shorts, sandals, and a singlet....holding two bags of clothing :) Hung out in HK with some friends Michelle and Rex, then headed home the next day.

3 guys who shop too much in a small room....
I was sweating so much at this point...and I was deathly ill.

I was greeted at the airport by Kristen...and my parents, I had no idea they were coming! It's so nice to be home with friends and family....and of course Kristen!



Hike we did on Vancouver island.

I'll never forget or regret taking this trip to SE Asia. It taught me alot about other cultures...and myself.


THE END!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Wow... "the end" has such a definitive sound to it. Really, it's a new beginning - and I'm ecstatic that you're back! Thanks for keeping everyone updated on your funny stories and adventures... You are loved.

To new adventures!

Kristen