Apr 14, 2008

Laos New Year - Luang Prabang

The water fight in Luang Prabang was crazy. We (me and the Swedes) had water guns, and matching electric salmon BeerLao t-shirts....which made us a team....and a target :) I got really good at shooting people directly in the eye-balls...but I got shot in the eye-balls as well...so it was even. I didn't dare take my camera out there, I was drenched within the first block. Imagine thousands of people walking down the same street, all spraying each other with waterguns, plus countless teams on the side of the road with huge bins of water dumping buckets on everyone that walked by. Oh yeah, and there were countless vehicles driving by with huge bins of water soaking everyone....it was out of control. So much fun, oh yeah, they kept wiping weird black crap on everyone's faces...and blue crap...and green crap. Oh, and flour, throwing an insane amount of flour. It was tons of fun.

That's it, split up with the Swedes, took another overnight bus (not even sure how many I've taken) to Vientiane...now I'm taking yet another overnight bus to Bangkok. Probably no more posts with pics as I've lost yet another camera cord.


This picture really doesn't do the waterfight justice. Taken from the safety of our guest house, it was just a random soaking, no where near the main street of the fight.


T.E.S. Team Electric Salmon getting ready for battle. Notice the modified water tank on my gun? Yeah ya did. I broke the original one due to excessive pumping (too much pressure, burst the container)...they gave me another one at the store...and I broke that too. The 2litre Pepsi bottle was awesome, held way more pressure...allowed for a fiercer (is that a word) stream for direct eye-ball shots. 12pts for shooting monks, 15pts if you shoot monks in the eyes :)


The "after" pic of the first day of fighting.



Random waterfall (in Luang Prabang) shots.

I love the backflips.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

you are just having too much fun out there :)) real life will never be the same now! hard to believe 6 months have passed.

Canada is missing you.
safe travels home, son.
love ~ Dad and Mom

Jazzy said...

the water fight sounds awesome!!! it's been great reading your blog and i hope you get a ton more of adventures in before you head back to whistler!